Abs are the holy grail of physical fitness. Sadly, many people focus too much on endurance and strength thereby neglecting their core.
What they do not realize is that the core has to be strengthened for them to become sturdy. Recall, the core is made up of a complex series of muscles that originate in the abdominal section and end up in the limbs.
These muscles, once strengthened, act as an excellent stabilizer during movement. However, developing that killer core is no walk in the park. It requires a lot of work, time, and energy.
The abs, once obtained, leaving you looking good. Better still, a lean mid section increases your lifespan. These abs also protect you from back-related injuries as you age as well as other internal organs.
Therefore, there is more to mid section exercises than meets the eye. So, how do you profit from exercising your abs? Read on.
Exercising your mid section helps:
- Create a stronger core ideal for supporting your spine even as you age,
- Protect you from lower back injuries brought about by heavy lifting and age,
- Enhance your appearance,
- In boosting your self confidence,
- Increase muscle endurance,
- Provide you with more muscle; the muscle that keeps you lean and fit,
- Lower your risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other illnesses due to a reduction in fat around the abdominal section,
- Improve your posture,
- Reduce the amount of pressure you would have suffered because of an unstable body, and
- Reduces your chances of suffering from a hiatus hernia.
10 tips that will yield you the perfect abs
1. Resistance training-lift weights like your life depends on it
Strength training better known as weight lifting helps in preserving and gaining muscle mass. This technique also helps you lose belly fat thus strengthening your core.
2. Perform cardio
Everyone dreads cardio exercises. However, aerobic exercises are good for taking your body to the limit. They not only improve your health but also burn the extra calories in your body.
3. Stress and depression-become resistant
Stress and depression are bad for your body. They, in their wake, cause you to gain belly fat and I will tell you why.
Recall, stress triggers the adrenal glands to produce cortisol, a compound responsible for the increased fat in your body.
Stress also makes you lose your self esteem, something that is detrimental to your health.
4. Eat more proteins and fewer carbs
Eating foods high in protein and low in carbohydrates can help you reach your end goal. Anyhow, there is a catch. Never overeat.
5. Take a lot of water
6 to 8 glasses of water a day are all you need to take your metabolic rate to the maximum.
6. Twist and turn your abdominal routine
The perfect abs can only be created when you play around with your workout routine.
7. Monitor your frequency and maintain consistency
Working your core in regular sets is a sure way to your achieving your goals fast.
8. Take care of food allergies
You can only develop the perfect core if you feed well. In short, you should not consume meals that will expose your health to a series of risks. Foods thus cause gas and bloating should be avoided, well, with the help of a doctor.
9. Change your lifestyle and combine different tips
Long term effects can only be felt when you change your lifestyle. You can, while at it, try multiple approaches and find that which works best for you.
10. Believe, believe, believe
Self doubt kills. However, a focused mind always achieves the impossible.