For them consuming sufficient food to see this happening can be a very intense and tricky process. It is alluring to just take junk food or fast food to increase your calories, but this is not desired since both categories are providing meals that are bad for your health. So try to concentrate on special muscle-building meals, that are nutrient-dense and calorie-rich. So let’s see what are the recommended food types you should eat
The best foods for gaining weight
- Protein powders and bars
- Oily fish like salmon and sardines
- Nuts and nut butter
- Red meat
- Fresh and dried fruit
- Dark meat chicken and turkey
- Coconut, coconut milk, and coconut oil
- Homemade protein treats
- Whole-grain bread, bagels, and pasta
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Avocados and avocado oil
- Full-fat milk, butter, and cheese
- Starchy vegetables like carrots and peas
- Olives and olive oil
So, you have the list of ingredients you need to eat. But you probably also want to read about an example daily meal program. So here is one made by dietitian Douglas Kalman, Ph.D.
Weight-Gain Meal Plan
- 7:30 or 8 a.m.: 3-4 eggs, 2 slices of whole-wheat toast with nut butter, a bowl of fruit, a glass of milk
- 11 a.m.: Grilled chicken thigh or breast, broccoli, a cup or more of brown rice with olive oil and nuts
- 3 p.m.: A couple more big handfuls of nuts, plus some dried fruit or granola
- 6 p.m.: Post-workout protein shake
- 7 p.m.: Flank steak, sweet potatoes or grain, a very big salad with avocado
- 10 p.m.: Yogurt, cottage cheese, or casein protein mixed with nut butter
At some point, preparing and consuming all that food can become a burden. Luckily there are shakes that can help you in this process.
Weight-gainer shakes are high-calorie beverages that let you quickly ingest a large number of calories containing also protein and other macros. If you will use the shakes as a rapid but rich meal replacement you will see great benefits. The best thing about them is that you can drink them when you’re on the road or working late.
There are two essential methods to do gainers. You can either buy a mass-gainer supplement or make your own. And they both provide benefits. Manufacturing your own with real foods offers more micronutrients, but the muscle-gainer powders are unquestionably more accessible. But this is up for you to decide. So let’s see an example of weight-gain shake ingredients.
Weight-gain shakes ingredients
Start with protein powder and put additional calories by any means you can. Select at least one component from every section and mix until smooth.
- Protein: Whey protein powder, mass gainer powder, Greek yogurt, plant protein powder, silken tofu
- Carbs: honey, fruit, oats, molasses, sweet potatoes
- Fats: coconut oil, nut butter, avocado, tahini, avocado oil
- Liquid: almond milk, soy milk, milk, cream, coconut water, coconut milk, coconut water, fruit juice